River Rats membership is beneficial and fun.
- A friendly base from which member families can sail and socialize.
- Access to private dock, dinghy and sunfish racks, placement and removal of boat moorings, and free riverside parking.
- Club loaner boats that include a 19' O'Day, 16' Harpoon and Sunfish for members without boats. These may be used after completing a basic procedures class.
- Early registration notification for the Summer Junior Sailing Program to ensure enrollment.
- Tuition discounts for the Summer Junior Sailing Program.
- Social events including a newcomers’ party, end of season lobster party, weekly summer evening barbecues following fun races.
- Competitive and fun races.
- Opportunities to learn boat maintenance and other new skills as part of a supportive sailing community.
- Cost is less than comparable organizations.
Categories of Membership
Family Membership - Entitles adults and children in a family to use the facilities and participate in social activities. Members receive discounts on the Junior Sailing Training programs.
Sustaining Membership - Permits participation in the club’s social activities but not the use of club boats, other facilities, or tuition discount.
Life Membership - Granted to those families who have given long term service to River Rats. Provides the same rights as family membership.
Since all River Rats activities are run by volunteers to keep club costs low, each member family is required to participate in one of the River Rats committees. A broad range of committees are available, depending on individual interests.
River Rats is accepting new family membership applications. If you are interested in placing a mooring, applications must be received by April 1st and the moorings must be at the Battin Road facility for inspection prior to the day they will be dropped in the water.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please complete a River Rats Membership Form - see the column to the right . Enclose a check for the appropriate fees and mail it to the address on the top of the form.
Register for the 2018 Membership by clicking on the link below and follwing the instructions:
2018 Membership Application
Questions? You can email the membership director here: Membership Director